Q.1 The angles of quadrilateral are in the ratio 3 : 5 : 9 : 13. Find all the angles of the quadrilateral.
Solution: Let the ratio between the angles be x. Therefore, the angles will ...
Q.1 ABCD is a quadrilateral in which P, Q, R and S are mid-points of the sides AB, BC, CD and DA (see Fig 8.29). AC is a diagonal. Show that :
1. Amina thinks of a number and subtracts 5/2 from it. She multiplies the result by 8. The final result is 3 times her original number. Find the number.
Solution: Let the number be ...
1. In Δ ABC, right-angled at B, AB = 24 cm, BC = 7 cm. Determine :
(i) sin A, cos A
(ii) sin C, cos C
2. In Fig. 8.13, find tan P – cot R
By pythagoras ...
1. Evaluate :
= = 0
= = 0
2. Show that :
(i) tan 48° tan 23° tan 42° tan 67° = 1
(ii) cos 38° cos ...
1. Express the trigonometric ratios sin A, sec A and tan A in terms of cot A.
2. Write all the other trigonometric ratios of ∠ A in terms ...
1. A circus artist is climbing a 20 m long rope, which is tightly stretched and tied from the top of a vertical pole to the ground. Find the height of the pole,if the angle made by ...
Q.1 The following frequency distribution gives the monthly consumption of electricity of 68 consumers of a locality. Find the median, mean and mode of the data and compare them.
Q.1 The following table shows the ages of the patients admitted in a hospital during a year: Find the mode and the mean of the data given above. Compare and interpret the two measures ...
Q.1 A survey was conducted by a group of students as a part of their environment awareness programme, in which they collected the following data regarding the number of plants in 20 ...